Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Much needed update

JJ has come and gone. He was here for only five days, but it was an awesome five days. Being back together with the big man was so fantastic, I got to really unwind and unleash my American culture for a good portion of time. Him being gone means that instead of asking off work I'm going to double up on it. Gotta make some money to get ready for treating other visitors! All are welcome!

Getting ready for the Halloween parties at the moment. The last two weeks of class have been really fun, giving out different types of candy and building up to the best this week. I've been put in charge of the Haunted House for our kindergarten, and I am also to be one of the MC's for the Halloween show, so I am excited for both jobs. I have to be a pirate, the costume I wore needed to match the other MC, and she wanted to be a pirate. Aside from that, Halloween should be fun. I am participating in the parties at both my kindergartens, so I've got a good amount of extra work and planning to do.

To reward myself, tonight I went and bought a special Nintendo DS card that allows for downloading and playing of games. No, it isn't quite legal, but it's the Chinese way of doing things. After looking for a long time for Pokemon in Chinese, I discovered that the only way to find any DS games in China is to do it this way. I bought the card, got a bunch of different Chinese language versions of Pokemon games, and am looking forward to practicing my reading speed as I play through them in my free time. If this works, I'm totally buying these as gifts for JJ and Patrick. I thought about getting one for Anita, but she would be so frustrated by the challenge of reading Chinese.

3 comments:

Anita S. said...

Why would Patrick be less frustrated than me!?

Patty said...

'cause I'm the best around. Nothing's gonna ever keep me down. Plus I wouldn't bother with trying to read any of it.

Anita S. said...

I think that's a challenge Patrick.

Next time we meet...you're going down.