Friday, July 25, 2008

Gold For America

The game just ended, and America dominated. Tonight we had a Chinese students versus America full court basketball game on an inside court with a nice little crowd. For awhile it was 5 Americans and about 8 Chinese guys, so they had plenty of chances to substitute and it stayed tied into 20's at half time (or 40, we were playing by 1's). Finally a little after halftime 2 more Americans showed up, and with the infusion of non tired people and someone decent to draw double teams of JJ and me America pulled away and never looked back. 58 - 40, the final score here from Hangzhou. Back to you in the studios Chris.

In other news, lately Chris and JJ have been living like rich Chinese people (or poor Americans). Last night we went to the gym, followed by KFC, followed by massages. It was a very good set of events. Today we found a mall near the Chinese Hooters we went to a week ago. I don't know if I wrote about it and I'm too lazy to check so I'm gonna do a quick recap (or introduction) on it real quick. The food was great, the girls were not attractive, I bought a shirt, but most importantly, they asked us if it was our first time because they had a surprise. What followed was an extremely disturbing rendition of "you are my sunshine" sung by all the Hooter's girls complete with a weird, kindergarten level dance. I do not want to go back. In any case, the mall had a fantastic bakery, a Papa John's we will go to later this week, and a host of other stores to just waste time browsing for things we'll never buy, namely the picture below. THEY ARE PANTS WITH BUILT IN BOXER TOPS TO LOOK LIKE YOU ARE SAGGING. I need to buy them and then sag them. "Yeah these are my boxers, these are my fake boxers, these are my pants. So hood."



Tommorrow I am going to the bookstore to buy a cookbook, Story of the Stone/Dream of the Red Chamber in Chinese to read again and see how much I understand, and a high school level history book to see what they learn.

1 comment:

sharyn said...

HAHA, with your description, i'm picturing those hooter girls dancing. all i can say is, eww.