Sunday, November 9, 2008

Harbin Is Far Too Cold

That city was terrifyingly cold. If the weather is that cold I expect to see snow, and there was only bitter chilly wind.

The train ride there was annoying, the guy across from me snored louder than anyone I've ever heard. I had my ipod going on max and could still make out parts of his snoring. The ride back was much better, though I was a bit too wide for the beds on the train.

The city itself is beautiful, the architecture is interesting because it is Russia meets China. We went to a few different cathedrals, mosques, and landmarks like the 731 Germ Warfare Museum and the Harbin Jewish History Museum, but for the most part I didn't really care or have interest in the different places we went. The good news is they at least had some good food. I think the weirdest thing was eating this large bird leg, and then after eating the meat you were supposed to take a straw and suck...something...out of the leg bone (I'm guessing marrow?). It wasn't particularly tasty, nor was it bad, the experience was pretty crazy though.

I am a bit retarded, I managed to lose one of my gloves and my cell phone in the back of a cab. I am in the process of figuring out how to get my phone number back, but I get to spend money buying a new phone as punishment for being dumb.

I am waiting for my friends to post pictures. I took some picturse, but quickly realized that every time I turned on my camera that it was having a problem with the memory card, and that my camera is effectively broken. Trying to figure it out and fix that, but until then I'll just have to steal pictures from friends' facebooks to post here.

No comments: