Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Chinese Hospital

Been sick all weekend with what I am fairly certain is either food poisoning or a really bad reaction to some unclean food, I'm pretty sure it happened when I ate something I'd left in the refrigerator for far too long. In any case, I got to have a wonderful lesson in the differences between the Chinese and American hospitals.

I opted to go to a real Chinese hospital instead of one of the English speaking foreign ones, and the experience was fantastic. I was scared of dehydration so I had been drinking lots of fluids all afternoon, and when I did the urine sample it came out clear as a result of all the liquids I'd been drinking and she didn't believe it was my urine, she thought I'd spit in it. Aside from that, the main part of excitement was talking with the doctor and being able to understand and answer all of the questions. She's got me on some medicine with English names that sound powerful and strong, so I am certain I will return to full health in no time.

No comments: