Wednesday, September 3, 2008

你说的英文very good!

I had a girl misspeak to today and tell me "你说的英文very good!" "You speak English very good (should be well, but she is having trouble with nouns so I'm letting that go)" attempting to make a joke and instead looking like an idiot in front of all her co-workers. Rest assured, I definitely made fun of her, too.

Lately been extremely busy being responsible and writing essays. My Chinese class is far too easy, and to prove that I should be put in a level by myself I've been writing 600 character essays to turn in every day. They give us a bunch of topics from what we study during the week to write about expecting us to turn one essay in on Friday, but I've so far turned one in every day this week. That'll teach them to put me in a level too easy for me.

Probably not.

The gym has been fantastic, the notable difference is that people like Trunks and DMS (see me for stories) are not there, and that you don't have to do the ridiculous weights they do with 0 form and 100% cheating to get respect. It is just a cleansing feeling really. Aside from that, there is also an excellent warning on one of the adjustable ab benches I've been meaning to take a picture. It states that if the machine is "used in improperly you will be damned", so every time I work my abs I laugh to myself because that means all the Chinese people I see flopping around on the bench are totally going to hell for it.

The roommates moved in awhile back, and we of course celebrated the first night with some authentic Beijing 串儿 (MEAT ON A STICK). It's pretty much the most awesome thing available on a wooden stick for 1 RMB. Pictures and more to come.

No comments: