Monday, September 22, 2008

This One's For The 爷们儿 (Real Men)

I've given up eating a lot of my favorite dishes in my recently began effort to get my body fat percentage a bit lower, and as a result I have begun cooking some fantastic fusion. I mix Mexican, Italian, American, and Chinese cuisine together to make some fantastic healthy dishes, tonight involved chicken, bell pepper, spicy pepper, garlic stir fry. Whenever I cook I have an audience of girls wanting to learn from me, most of the guys in China are too cool or traditional to learn how to cook, their loss. They are a bit shocked by the amount of eggs I eat every day, but aside from that they are eager to learn my recipes and habits. I am already acting as personal trainer at the gym for two girls at the moment, and more are trying to get set up with times with me. This all exploded in the last week as people coming into the kitchen to grab their milk or leftovers saw me cooking massive meals - my habit is to cook several dishes to last me for a few days of variety eating, just stir fry or microwave a bit to reheat - and it is a bit overwhelming.

This is for JJ, Dan, Steve-o and all the others who must listen to metal and pump iron every day, we are like sharks and if we stop we will die. The 爷们儿。

Lately, I've been listening to copious amounts of Evergrey while studying or walking to the gym. My actual gym music has been dominated by throwbacks to Symphony X (Paradise Lost album), Iron Maiden, and Persuader. In addition, I've been listening to a lot of Ensiferum and Kamelot to get some new music in the mix. The latest great discovery I've made though is listening to the Ayreon I got from Dan. JJ, go get Aryeon right now, it is great listening music (not exactly gym material).

No comments: