Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Magic of China's Medicine

Chinese people, I was told before, know their 拉肚子 (laduzi - diarrhea, sounds better in Chinese), and now I believe that.

I was given 3 medicines yesterday, I was to take the first one immediately, 3 hours later take the second, then 1-3 hours later when my stomach started to hurt take the third. I was told not to take the final, big daddy pill until my stomach began hurting. I was also told if it started hurting before I could take it. So I took the first 2 and still had no reprieve from the upset stomach symptoms, and like clockwork an hour after taking the 2nd one my stomach began to hurt. Thus at 4am I took the third one, and it knocked me right out. When I woke up my problems were gone, and I've been fine all day today with no issues whatsoever. It was like the third one nuked my digestive tract so hard it knocked me unconscious, and while I slept Chairman Mao himself entered my intestines and showed them who was boss.

I love being healthy again.

No comments: