Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Fishing For Names

It seems my week will be rather uneventful from Monday to Friday with the exception of class. My friends have started school again or work, and we often only have time to eat after I get off work, then we all return to our respective residences to do what we need to do. In my case that means playing Hearts on my computer and setting a new record while listening to Chinese music, followed by reading one of the new Chinese novels I bought and falling asleep by ten. My life has become horrifyingly adult in the last few days. I find myself spending my free time cleaning the bathroom or scrubbing certain parts of the house. Things that years ago showed up on my chore list are now things I williningly do with no bribery or threat of punishment, and after I do my work I go to sleep at a reasonably early time to wake up early and plan for work. Horrifying.

Class was even more fun today. The class culminated with the students fishing for their English names, and after they fished them out we each took a picture together with their fish (name on the front). I am going to use these pictures to remember their names, and I also plan to print out copies and give them to the students. Apparently my first day made a great impact on the students but more so on the teachers, they never thought I would do so well starting out with no experience. This has been a rewarding week, I hope the kids are ready for more this afternoon.

No comments: