Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The First Day

The first day has been absolutely amazing. The children love me, and I love them, everything seems to be going so well. I am so happy that everything is going so smoothly, I think this is really going to be a fun semester. The best moment of my day so far has been the kid sitting next to me in one of the classes rubbing my arm and marvelling at my arm hair. He asked me why I had so much, then wanted to rub my face to see if I had a beard. It was the most novel thing I've had happen to me in China in months. Top notch awesome.

I sang songs, did introductions, and it looks like it will be fun. I forgot to mention in yesterday's entry that my TA taught me how to make a fishing pole out of paper. I am going to go fishing for children tomorrow to give them their English names. This fishing pole may be the coolest arts and crafts thing I've ever done, it is so strong and amazing. SO AMAZING.

No comments: