Friday, September 25, 2009

Weekly Check In

This week has been a good level of busy. I spent a few hours waiting in line earlier in the week to buy train tickets to Beijing. Despite waiting pretty early they had nearly sold out when I got there, and only the expensive tickets were left. I found out afterwards that a plane ticket from Hangzhou to Beijing would have been about as expensive as my train ticket and 10 hours shorter.

In any case, I'm excited for the week holiday. Gloria will come to play with me in China, it is my first test run to see what type of host I am. Will I balance work and play well? Time will tell.

Today I did the monthly review of a selection of the children in my class. Tomorrow they give them out to parents, and I'm expecting to meet with the parents to discuss them should there be parts they don't understand. This whole week/weekend will be a battle until Thursday when we get off work. We have classes on Sunday to give the kids a four day week before the break, meaning I will have no day of rest. Let the gauntlet begin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christopher Marco. Just wondering how long you're supposed to be living in the china. And if you've started molesting the children yet. Or started selling them on the black market. Because I'd really like to import a Chinese slave. Old enough to be useful but young enough to be easily beaten into submission.

Ok one of those was a legitimate question.

Also, I'm leaving this anonymously because it's more fun for me that way.