Sunday, September 27, 2009

SNAKES

So busy lately. Because of the upcoming holiday we are working on
Sunday, and I forgot how important a rest on the weekend was. I've now
been working 7 straight days with a night of karaoke thrown in there on
Friday, and I'm starting to feel the pain.

I wanted to mention this but I kept forgetting. I had a moment in our
"English Meeting" last Thursday that caused me to laugh for 5 minutes
straight. No one else got it. There was an excellent typo on our
"Common Phrases to Use With Kids" handout one of the teachers had typed
up. The English teacher (Chinese girl) had typed it up, and then during
our English meeting (10 Chinese teachers trying to speak English with me
to practice their English) I was supposed to read it out loud for
pronunciation checking for mistakes as I went. The mistake I found, the
one that made me laugh, was: "Okay kids! Time for breakfast / lunch /
snakes / dinner!" I read them one by one. "Okay kids time for
breakfast!" "Time for lunch!" "Time for snakes!"

When I yelled "Okay kids, time for snakes!" I instantly lost it. I
realized it was meant to be snacks, but after yelling it I just lost
it. I'm giggling it typing it. I have a mental picture of me walking
into the classroom an hour after lunch with a basket of snakes and
yelling "TIME FOR SNAKES EVERYONE!"

I love my imagination. It's what keeps me going.

No comments: