Sunday, September 13, 2009

Part Time Job Interview

Had an exciting weekend. The Wine Bar we went to on Friday turned out
to be great, we had a lot of fun. We will definitely be making a return
visit, after 10:00 a DJ came in to set up and the music was fantastic.
The drinks were good, and the complimentary buffet that came with the
drinks was fantastic.

I had planned to go to a scenic site on Saturday with some friends, but
I accidentally turned off my phone after setting the alarm and didn't
wake up in time. I spent the afternoon instead going to meet with a
kindergarten about part time work. I was recommended by an impressed
teacher at my current school. Their classes and facilities were
amazing, with touch screen walls for interactive teaching and highly
motivated students. The pay is 150 an hour, far above the average 100
an hour other places had offered me, and the school simply on the
recommendation alone was certain I'd be a perfect fit. It really is all
about who you know in China. In any case, I will probably start some
time this week, and I'll be able to make a good amount of money from the
work. The money will be welcome, too, as I won't receive my first
paycheck until after the first month of work here and I'd like to
bolster my Chinese bank account without making more transfers to it from
my American account. The fees pile up fast!

I am excited about the part time work, it should be fun, and I made sure
that it would be easy to ask for time off should I desire it.

Last night I spent the night at a friends house. We had a sleepover
watching American and Chinese movies that I had bought and eating
copious amounts of fruit. The amount of fruit that people eat here is
just ridiculous. So much.

No comments: